[collectd] DataSource not allowed in 4.3.3 ?

Dieter Bloms collectd at bloms.de
Wed Apr 23 17:15:02 CEST 2008

Hi Florian,

I tried your version 4.3.3 with threshold and DataSource, but collectd
claims about this parameter.
I tried it in the type and plugin section, but no success.

In the logfile I see:

Apr 23 17:01:19 myserver collectd[23095]: threshold values: Option `DataSource' not allowed inside a `Type' block.

My config looks like:

--snip--
Mode        "local"
Hostname    "myserver"
BaseDir     "/var/lib/collectd"
PIDFile     "/tmp/collectd.pid"
PluginDir   "/usr/lib/collectd"
TypesDB     "/usr/lib/collectd/types.db"
LoadPlugin logfile
LoadPlugin cpu
LoadPlugin df
LoadPlugin disk
LoadPlugin exec
LoadPlugin interface
LoadPlugin iptables
LoadPlugin load
LoadPlugin memory
LoadPlugin network
LoadPlugin ntpd
LoadPlugin processes
LoadPlugin rrdtool
LoadPlugin swap
LoadPlugin syslog
<Plugin logfile>
  LogLevel debug
  File stdout
</Plugin>
<Threshold>
  <Plugin "load">
    <Type "load">
      WarningMax    0.5
      FailureMax    1.0
      Persist false
      DataSource "midterm"
    </Type>
  </Plugin>
</Threshold>
<Plugin exec>
  NotificationExec nobody "/usr/local/bin/collectd_notification.pl"
</Plugin>
--snip--

--
Gruß