[collectd] Red Hat Enterprise problems...

Phil White collectd at radagast.itmagic.ltd.uk
Sun Jun 24 17:07:15 CEST 2007

Hello.
Apologies. I am having troubles. Can anyone give me a pointer what I am
doing wrong?

I have compiled & installed collectd on a RH Enterprise v4 server.
compiles OK. Appears to run, but...

No data is logged to the appropriate directory
(/usr/local/var/lib/collectd/ )
if I run collectd -f, it segfaults on ctrl-C.

an identical build on another machine works fine)

compiling with debug on gives:
http://manx.biz/tmp/run-log.txt

Now, the only thing I can put it down to is that the server uses
SELinux, and is enabled / enforcing. As I know diddly squat about
SELinux, I do not know if this is causing the problem, or not. If not,
any ideas what is? Has anyone else come across this?

Cheers,

Phil