[collectd] Re: vserver plugin not collecting any data

Mon Nov 27 23:59:20 CET 2006

> Hi Kevin,

>> I'm using debian sarge packages on this system - the kernel patch
>> package for vserver says the version is 1.9.5.6.
>
> Uh! This is a _really_ old release. Please consider upgrading to a current
> version (which should be available from backports.org). Nevertheless, your
> files actually look fine (besides some really strange details - see below) and
> I currently don't have any clue what your problem might be caused by.
>
> Please make sure that the vserver plugin is enabled in the config file.

I just discovered that the vserver rrd's were created when using
"Local" mode, but they weren't created when using client/server mode.

It hadn't occurred to me before that enabling plugins on the server
side would be relevant, but enabling the plugin on the server did
appear to fix the problem.  I had assumed that enabling plugins was
only relevant on the client since the server wasn't "using" the
plugin, just collecting the data it received from the clients.

-Kevin