[collectd] Re: vserver plugin not collecting any data

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Sun Nov 26 22:02:27 CET 2006

Hi Kevin,

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 09:50:35AM -0500, kcheek at umich.edu wrote:
> I'm using debian sarge packages on this system - the kernel patch
> package for vserver says the version is 1.9.5.6.

Uh! This is a _really_ old release. Please consider upgrading to a current
version (which should be available from backports.org). Nevertheless, your
files actually look fine (besides some really strange details - see below) and
I currently don't have any clue what your problem might be caused by.

Please make sure that the vserver plugin is enabled in the config file.

If I find some spare time tomorrow, I will build a debugging version of the
vserver plugin...

> nr_running:     -126

This tells you, that you have -126 threads running in your Linux-VServer
guest. Thus you should have at least -126 CPU's in your computer ;-)

> loadavg:        980693.06 1303.90 89952.13

That is a _really_ huge load average... never seen anything similar before ;-)

[...]

I guess these oddities are caused by your outdated Linux-VServer version.

Cheers,

Sebastian "tokkee" Harl
GnuPG-ID: 0x8501C7FC
http://tokkee.org/