[collectd] non-C-based plugins

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sun Nov 5 11:33:36 CET 2006

Hi Seth,

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 11:04:04PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> I was wondering if there's any plans to make it possible to have
> non-C-based plugins.

there haven't been such plans yet, but it would of course be a nifty
feature.

Being a Perl-person I know that you can prettly easily integrate a Perl-
interpreter into C programs, using `libperl'. This would, IMHO, be some
magnitudes better then forking a script every 10 seconds..

I don't know about other scripting languages, but I'm confident
something similar exists for Python and Ruby.