[collectd] Version 3.7.2

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sat Feb 25 18:01:23 CET 2006

Hello,

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 12:27:14PM +0100, Werner Heuser wrote:
> As far as I understood /usr/share/doc/collectd/examples/museum/README
> museum.cgi and collection.cgi have to be used together.

that was right for early versions of `collection.cgi' and/or collectd.
Back then the network-code didn't exist and the typical usage was to
have a webserver on each box you would like to have graphs from. With
the network code this is obsolete: `collection.cgi' has been improved to
handle subdirectories appropriate which is basically all you need..

Sorry I didn't take care of the contrib/ directory very much. The next
version will have it cleaned up..

> I have put both CGI scripts into /var/www/collectd and made them
> executable.

Actually the vanilla Debian place for CGIs is /usr/lib/cgi-bin. Putting
the stuff into /var/www/collectd works only if you change Apache's
configuration (assuming you use the default Webserver, of course ;)

> PS: Just in case someone joining this list, will visit Chemnitzer
> Linux Tage http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2006/info/ I will be there
> on March 4th and 5th.

It's very unlikely for me to be there. I'll try to make it to the
`LinuxTag' though..

Hope this helps.. As with many technically focused people I'm not too
skilled in writing documentation - but I try ;)