[collectd] MySQL Plugin Problem

Shaun collectd at auctionraptor.com
Sat Feb 25 17:32:05 CET 2006

Hello All,

I just started running collectd and am extremely satisfied. Everything is
working great except for the MySQL plugin. No MySQL rrd files are getting
created at all. Below I have tried to give some details about my setup. I
am running rhel3. I have the mysql-client and mysql-devel rpms installed.
I also installed the collectd-mysql rpm. What am I missing or is there at
least a way to see what error I am receiving from collectd. Thanks.

Shaun

$ mysql -hlocalhost -ucollectd -p test
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 7172602 to server version: 4.1.10a-standard

mysql> show status;
+--------------------------+------------+
| Variable_name            | Value      |
+--------------------------+------------+
| Aborted_clients          | 239693     |
| Aborted_connects         | 64442      |
| Binlog_cache_disk_use    | 0          |
| Binlog_cache_use         | 0          |
| Bytes_received           | 3602240312 |
| Bytes_sent               | 2273192053 |
+--------------------------+------------+
156 rows in set (0.04 sec)

mysql>

$ rpm -qa | grep -i mysql
MySQL-client-4.1.10a-0
MySQL-server-4.1.10a-0
MySQL-shared-standard-4.1.10a-0.rhel3
collectd-mysql-3.7.0-1.rhel3
MySQL-devel-4.1.10a-0

#
# Config file for collectd(1).
# Please read collectd.conf(5) for a list of options.
# http://verplant.org/collectd/
#

Mode    Local
DataDir   /var/lib/collectd