[collectd] Version 3.7.2

Werner Heuser Werner.Heuser at web.de
Sat Feb 25 12:27:14 CET 2006

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 11:58:47AM +0100, Sebastian Harl wrote:
> > I have tried anyway to set up the cgi scripts. But I can't solve
> > this problem:
> > # museum.cgi add localhost localhost/var/www/collectd/collection.cgi
> > Error: Unable to get data from
> > localhost/var/www/collectd/collection.cgi at ./museum.cgi line 231.
>
> I never used museum.cgi.
As far as I understood /usr/share/doc/collectd/examples/museum/README
museum.cgi and collection.cgi have to be used together.

> However, this seems to be a configuration problem. You need to put
> collection.cgi in a place where your web-server can find it and where it's
> allowed to execute it. Usually, a place like this is called cgi-bin. And, of
> course, your web-server needs perl support in some way.
For my Debian system the canonical place is /var/www so
I have put both CGI scripts into
/var/www/collectd and made them executable. Pointing my browser to
localhost/collectd I tested both scripts but they didn't work.
So I tested them on the command line and got the errors mentioned
above.

> > BTW: I had to install either librrdp-perl or librrds-perl, actually
> > I have installed both. IMHO this should be mentioned in the docs.
>
> You need librrds-perl as mentioned in /usr/share/doc/collectd/README (on
> Debian):

You are right, but I have missed this
information here:
/usr/share/doc/collectd/examples/museum/README

>   * Sample scripts to generate graphs reside in `contrib/' in the source
>     package or somewhere near `/usr/share/doc/collectd' in most distributions.
>     Please be aware that those script are meant as a starting point for your
>     own experiments.. Some of them require the `RRDs' Perl module.
>     (`librrds-perl' on Debian)

Yes I have read that and try to use the scripts as a starting point.
I have done some modifications for my system already. But not
enough apparently.

	Werner

PS: Just in case someone joining this list, will visit Chemnitzer Linux Tage
http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2006/info/ I will be there on March
4th and 5th.

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Berliner Str. 122 = D-13187 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe at tuxmobil.org>     T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86