[collectd] Re: collectd-3.7.1 compile error, digest <et.al.>

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Sat Feb 18 22:28:47 CET 2006

> # ls /proc/acpi/battery
> BAT0

> # /proc/acpi/battery/*/state
> present:                 yes
> capacity state:          ok
> charging state:          charged
> present rate:            0 mW
> remaining capacity:      43390 mWh
> present voltage:         12427 mV

That is really strange. The only difference between yours and mine is the name
of the battery (mine is BAT1) which should make absolutely no difference. I
have no idea, why this works for me but does not work for you... Are you
really sure that you've set up everything correctly?

Would you please send me the output of something like "strace
/usr/sbin/collectd -C /etc/collectd.conf -f 2>&1 | grep -i bat"?

Cheers,
Sebastian

PS: My battery's state file looks like this:

$ cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state
present:                 yes
capacity state:          ok
charging state:          charged
present rate:            0 mA
remaining capacity:      4268 mAh
present voltage:         12476 mV

Maybe you can find some differences ;-)

collectd simply reads that file line by line and, depending on the
description at the beginning of the line, stores the value in the associated
RRD files...
--
Sebastian "tokkee" Harl
GnuPG-ID: 0x8501C7FC