[collectd] Re: collectd-3.7.1 compile error, digest <et.al.>

Werner Heuser Werner.Heuser at web.de
Sat Feb 18 21:52:44 CET 2006

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 07:08:54PM +0100, Sebastian Harl wrote:
> Could you please tell me exactly what you did to build the package yourself?
> Have you double-checked that configure could find librrd? Is it really the
> exact same error message?

I have fetched the sources with `apt-get source collectd' from
deb-src http://debian.tokkee.org/backports/ sarge collectd
_again_ into a clean directory. Compilation works fine now. Sorry.

> > > Hope this works for you as well...
> >
> > It does not :(
> > No rrd file for the battery shows up. I have installed and
> > verified your Debian package.  Removed all rrd files and
> > restartet collectd. My laptop uses ACPI and Kernel 2.6.14
>
> Hm... What version of Debian are you using? Is it a stable (Sarge) system? Did
> you install my rrdtool 1.2 backport? My collectd package should be at least
> version 3.7.1-0tokkee4.

Debian Testing updated today.

I have installed collectd and rrdtool from
deb http://debian.tokkee.org/backports/ sarge collectd rrdtool

RRDtool 1.2.11  Copyright 1997-2005 by Tobias Oetiker
<tobi at oetiker.ch> Compiled Mon Jan  9 17:04:13 UTC 2006

> Could you please tell me the output of "ls /proc/acpi/battery" on your system?
# ls /proc/acpi/battery
BAT0

> If that directory does not exist, please send me the output of "ls -R
> /proc/acpi". If it does exist please send me the output of "cat
> /proc/acpi/battery/*/state".
# /proc/acpi/battery/*/state
present:                 yes
capacity state:          ok
charging state:          charged
present rate:            0 mW
remaining capacity:      43390 mWh
present voltage:         12427 mV

> Did you enable CONFIG_ACPI_BATTERY in your Kernel config (if you built it as a
> module make sure that the module is loaded).
It's a 2.6.14 Kernel compiled by me:

CONFIG_ACPI_BATTERY=m
`lsmod' shows that the battery module is loaded.

BTW: the machine is an IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad T41.

	Werner

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Berliner Str. 122 = D-13187 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe at tuxmobil.org>     T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86