[collectd] collectd-3.7.1 compile error, digest <et.al.>

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sun Feb 19 02:22:57 CET 2006

Hello Werner,
hello Sebastian,

I've fixed the compile problem in the repository and Sebastian has fixed
the problem with the battery plugin. I wanted to pack a new release
today but a friend of mine with an imminent problem (== math test on
tuesday) came to me and I spent all day today differenciate weird
functions.. I'll try to release 3.7.2 tomorrow..

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 10:28:47PM +0100, Sebastian Harl wrote:
> > # ls /proc/acpi/battery
> > BAT0
> $ cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state

> That is really strange. The only difference between yours and mine is
> the name of the battery (mine is BAT1) which should make absolutely no
> difference.

I think this might be the difference you're looking for: If I remember
that right (and the beers I just had might interfer with my memory here)
my code starts looking for `BAT1', `BAT2', ..., `BATn'. So it might skip
`BAT0'. Hooray for the great, consitent naming-scheme of /proc!

> > remaining capacity:      43390 mWh
> > present voltage:         12427 mV
> remaining capacity:      4268 mAh

Other than that, the other battery talks about `Watt hours' which, as
far as I know, is nonsence. `Ampere hours' should be the correct unit
for capacities of batteries. Anyways, `43390 mAh' seems a bit much,
`43390 mWh / 12427 mV = 3492 mAh' sounds about right.. Has anyone
enough knowlegde on batteries to confirm/rebut this?

Regards and good night,