[collectd] Re: collectd-3.7.1compileerror, digest <et.al.>

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Sat Feb 18 19:08:54 CET 2006

Hi,

> > As the error occurs on line 47, this means you don't have librrd*-dev
> > installed. How could you build the package without it? librrd*-dev is a build
> > dependency.
>
> Indeed I overlooked this ./configure statement:
[...]
> But ./configure didn't complain more. I have installed the librrd0-dev
> Debian package. But the same compile error remains.

Well, configure won't complain, cuz you can build a client-only collectd
binary that does not need and RRD-stuff.

Could you please tell me exactly what you did to build the package yourself?
Have you double-checked that configure could find librrd? Is it really the
exact same error message?

> > Hope this works for you as well...
>
> It does not :(
> No rrd file for the battery shows up. I have installed and
> verified your Debian package.  Removed all rrd files and
> restartet collectd. My laptop uses ACPI and Kernel 2.6.14

Hm... What version of Debian are you using? Is it a stable (Sarge) system? Did
you install my rrdtool 1.2 backport? My collectd package should be at least
version 3.7.1-0tokkee4.

Could you please tell me the output of "ls /proc/acpi/battery" on your system?
If that directory does not exist, please send me the output of "ls -R
/proc/acpi". If it does exist please send me the output of "cat
/proc/acpi/battery/*/state".

Did you enable CONFIG_ACPI_BATTERY in your Kernel config (if you built it as a
module make sure that the module is loaded).

Cheers,
Sebastian "tokkee" Harl
GnuPG-ID: 0x8501C7FC
http://tokkee.org/