[collectd] Re: collectd-3.7.1compileerror, digest <et.al.>

Werner Heuser Werner.Heuser at web.de
Sat Feb 18 14:16:47 CET 2006

Hello,

I am replying to the daily digest (sorry). I will fix that next.

> > - I wondered whether the battery plugin is based
> >   on the old APM standard or newer ACPI and how many
> >   batteries does it handle. Alright battery.c does only
> >   show ACPI and PMU and handles multiple batteries apparently.
>
> AFAIK, you're right... this plugin does not support APM. It should handle all
> batteries found on the system.

I will try to get an older laptop capable of APM and provide
some stuff to extend the code to APM. I am not an expert
in C programming, but I will try.

> > - So I decided to get the Debian source package und check
> >   whether the battery plugin is compiled into it.
>
> Did you use the 3.7.1 tarball or did you use a Subversion checkout?
As I said before ;-) I have used the Debian source package.

> > network.c:47: error: static declaration of 'operating_mode' follows non-static declaration
> > collectd.h:203: error: previous declaration of 'operating_mode' was here
> > make[3]: *** [collectd-network.o] Error 1
> > make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> > make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> Those are lines 44 thru 48 of network.c:
>
> 44  #ifdef HAVE_LIBRRD
> 45  extern int operating_mode;
> 46  #else
> 47  static int operating_mode = MODE_CLIENT;
> 48  #endif
>
> As the error occurs on line 47, this means you don't have librrd*-dev
> installed. How could you build the package without it? librrd*-dev is a build
> dependency.

Indeed I overlooked this ./configure statement:

Configuration:
  Libraries:
    librrd  . . . . . . no (librrd not found)

But ./configure didn't complain more. I have installed the librrd0-dev
Debian package. But the same compile error remains.

> An updated Debian package (linked against librrd 1.2 however) for Sarge is
> available using the following sources.list line:
>
>   deb http://debian.tokkee.org/backports/ sarge collectd rrdtool
>
> Hope this works for you as well...

It does not :(
No rrd file for the battery shows up. I have installed and
verified your Debian package.  Removed all rrd files and
restartet collectd. My laptop uses ACPI and Kernel 2.6.14

	Werner

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Berliner Str. 122 = D-13187 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe at tuxmobil.org>     T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86