[collectd] Re: contributing to collectd

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sat Apr 1 12:05:19 CEST 2006

Hello Rolandas,

sorry for taking some time to answer, but I was on vacation, where I was
`disconnected' ;)

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 11:40:21AM +0100, Rolandas Juodzbalis wrote:
> Is there some developers docs about plugins and their integration in
> to collectd? Or maybe there is some cvs/svn access to get latest code
> and work on it?

There isn't any real developer documentation yet, but I'm planning on
writing some.. I'll write up something tonight or tomorrow and send you
a link..

> I'm trying to create one plugin to allow to graph count of specified
> process (like apache or mysql).

Hm, that could be added to the `processes'-plugin. It already iterates over
`/proc' (on Linux), which I'd rather not do twice in one iteration.

I'd like to make that implementation independent (I've coded support for Mac OS
X in the last few days), but I don't have a (good) idea how to do that, yet..