[collectd] MySQL 5 'show status' command

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sun Apr 2 08:50:24 CEST 2006

Hello James,

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 01:26:14AM -0800, James Byers wrote:
> It turns out that after MySQL 5.0.2, 'SHOW STATUS' defaults to data for
> the current session only.  The correct command is 'SHOW GLOBAL STATUS',
> which unfortunately is not backward compatible.  I've attached a patch
> against 3.8.2 that seems to work with MySQL 4.1 and 5.0.

thank you very much for the patch, I've applied it to the svn repository
and will pack a new release today.

You have to love the way these MySQL guys, when faced with the decision
to pick one out of two possible behaviors as the default, decide for the
one that's not backwards compatible.. :/

Best regards,