[liboping] TTL of received packets (was: liboping improvement)

Vladimir V. Melnikov wlad.w.m at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 09:08:01 CET 2009

Hello, Florian.

This version can not build on my platform (sun solaris) - I have some old
SunSparc "netra" as "pinger". Solaris uses alternative socket library for
recvmsg with msg_control in msghdr structure - xnet, and I had another
problem on my platform - recvmsg not returned any cmsghdr - this version
trats this situation as timeout, although recvmsg returned payload. That
situation can be fixed by replacement "family = -1" by "family =
ph->addrfamily" in ping_receive_one. Also I've added workaround with empty
msg_control - ttl form ipv4 can still be got from ip_hdr :-).
Patch follow up in the attach.

Best regards,
 Vladimir