[liboping] TTL of received packets (was: liboping improvement)

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sun Mar 15 11:49:47 CET 2009

Hi Vladimir,

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 03:23:37PM +0300, Vladimir V. Melnikov wrote:
> But I missed one little thing in it - rest of ttl on returned packet.
> I made a little patch for it (see below).
> Hope you will include this feature in next version.

sounds interesting :)

I'm in the process of implementing this. Reading the TTL from the
`struct ip' doesn't work for IPv6 unfortunately, because RAW sockets
don't get the IPv6 header. I've switched to `recvmsg' because that can
give me the required meta-data for both protocols.

I've pushed the changes to the Git repository, I'll upload a new tarball
alter today.