[liboping] aix patch

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Aug 29 22:28:08 CEST 2007

Hi Doug,

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 04:49:53PM -0700, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> I needed the  attached patch to compile on aix 5.2, works as expected
> once built.

looks good, I've applied the patch and pushed the change to the
repository. I'll pack a new tarball soonish..

> I can try to untangle if desired  but prefer to spend as little time
> on aix as possible :)

Naw, it's okay as it is.. The ICMPv6 type codes cannot change, so this
is a safe fallback ;) Besides, how could I possibly ask anyone to spend
more time on AIX as absolutely necessary? ;)

Nice to know that that was the only problem, though :)

> % find /usr/include/ -name "*.h" | xargs grep ICMP6_ | egrep '128|129'

Just because I used to do it the same way until a colleague showd me the
-r switch: At least the GNU version of `grep ' understand the
_r_ecursive flag. It's the most useful tool when searching in header
files :)

> I was going to try hpux next, would you consider a patch that makes
> v6 optional?

There are still platforms without IPv6 support? I'm mildly shocked..
Even our friends with their colorfull OS support IPv6.. Both of em,
now that I come to think of it ;)

Anyway, sure.. My favorite way would be if the configure script could
check for IPv[46] and set the default of `--enable-ipv4' or
`--enable-ipv6' to `disabled' if either one is not available..

Regards and thanks again for your patch :)