[collectd] Changing collectd's main branch.

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Sun Jun 28 22:35:50 CEST 2020

Hi everybody,

as discussed at the community call last Monday, I have created a new
branch, "main", which will be our default branch going forward. The
branch has the same configuration as the "master" branch.

To update an existing local repository, use:

   $ git checkout main
   Branch 'main' set up to track remote branch 'main' from 'origin'.
   Switched to a new branch 'main'

I recommend to then delete the "master" branch to avoid confusion:

   $ git branch -d master
   Deleted branch master (was f4349080).

At this time, the vast majority of pull requests use "master" as their
base branch – too many to change them manually. I am looking into
updating that in bulk via GitHub's API.

If you experience any problems due to this change, please let me know by
replying to this email.

Thanks and best regards,
—octo
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org