[collectd] preparations for collectd-5.10

Ranganath, Sunku sunku.ranganath at intel.com
Wed Sep 4 00:15:51 CEST 2019

Thanks Matthias for initiating the required process for Collectd 5.10.
Appreciate your time in taking charge of release process, although we are a bit late as compared to our original date of releasing 5.10 by August timeframe. Better late than never!

In order to reduce the burden to one person and have some predictability in the community,
I would ask the community to take a look at the Collectd Release Process Proposal document detailed at [1].

This would allow us to remove any roadblocks and establish few guidelines. Please feel free to comment on the document.

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ha9zPyKa_1pBar58LUPRf4EV2ap1sMcrOtRz3qauogo/edit

Thanks,
Sunku Ranganath