[collectd] Version 5.9.2 available

Takuro Ashie ashie at clear-code.com
Fri Oct 4 00:09:05 CEST 2019

Hi all.

> https://github.com/collectd/collectd/releases/download/collectd-5.9.2/collectd-5.9.2.tar.gz
>
> That package has a correctly named toplevel dir and is bootstrapped.

As I mentioned at https://github.com/collectd/collectd/issues/3293, this
package still isn't created by the formal way.:

   * It includes garbage files such as autom4te.cache
   * PACKAGE_VERSION in the configure script is still "5.8.1.git"

A source package of Autotoolized softwares should be create by the
following command:

   $ make dist

It will address above issues.

In addition, you should add an annotation to collectd-5.9.2 tag to
generate a correct version number automatically.  Please see
version-gen.sh in the source tree for more detail:

https://github.com/collectd/collectd/blob/ebb558dd443046558eaf0bb3ec51566ad305190f/version-gen.sh#L6

A tag without an annotation will be ignored by "git describe" command.

Regards,
Takuro Ashie <ashie at clear-code.com>