[collectd] [Feature Request/Version 6.0]: Adding Labels to Collectd Metrics #3094

Manoj Srivastava manoj.srivastava.1962 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 23:07:06 CET 2019

Hi,

  I have implemented a mechanism to convert from the current values_list_t
metric representation to the new metric_list_t representation. This method
can be called from write_queue_enque method to convert metric data from
unmigrated read plugins to provide for a backward compatible transition
path for read plugins. The next step will be to update the storage
mechanism for the write queue, and then to update the caching and
networking code.

    Comments appreciated.

    Manoj

 Commit: https://github.com/srivasta/collectd/tree/metric-label-s