[collectd] collectd-5.10.0 available

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Wed Nov 20 11:18:35 CET 2019

On 15/11/2019 11:55, Matthias Runge wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> we're proud to announce the availability of our new feature release,
> collectd 5.10.0. There are a few new features and bug fixes and they
> are all mentioned in the ChangeLog below.
>

> Download
> --------
>
> The new version is available in source-code form from collectd's
> download page. The direct download links are:
>
> * https://collectd.org/files/collectd-5.10.0.tar.bz2
> SHA-256:a03359f563023e744c2dc743008a00a848f4cd506e072621d86b6d8313c0375b

Back at the last in-person meeting, we agreed on 3 releases per year,
one in April, one in August and one in December.

5.9 was released in June (instead of April), 5.10 (targeted for August)
was just recently (Mid Nov) and the next one, 5.11 was planned for Mid
December, which leaves about 10 days until a feature freeze before the
release.

I would like to move 5.11 to end of January, with a feature freeze
starting January 17.

Maybe it's also a good idea to utilize the wiki or github for more
release planning. I already went ahead and marked PRs with 5.11
milestones, see https://github.com/collectd/collectd/milestone/17

Matthias