[collectd] Collectd Release Process Proposal

Pavel pavel2000 at ngs.ru
Thu Jul 18 07:01:48 CEST 2019

18.07.2019 5:10, Ranganath, Sunku пишет:

> Hello Collectd’ers,
>
> In order to bring together a structure and known cadence to Collectd
> releases, Matthias, Sebastian and I have been working together to
> bring forward to the community a release process proposal.
>
> The idea is to share the burden of releasing, tagging and maintaining
> releases and establish few guidelines for community ownership.
>
> We are looking for feedback and progress towards arriving at a common
> ground. Appreciate your help.
>
> Please go through following proposal shared via Google docs link [1].
>
> [1]
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ha9zPyKa_1pBar58LUPRf4EV2ap1sMcrOtRz3qauogo/edit?usp=sharing
>

> Thanks,
>
> Sunku Ranganath

Collectd has no active developers, has no active maintainers, has no
publicaly active Owner. face it.
Team did all possible to terminate development, while you  try to do the
opposite.  I think, your try will have no success (you simply has no
appropriate permissions on GitHub project), don't waste your time, guys.

I think, you will have nothing good to release in nearest, simply
because nobody is interested in PR's merging, no matter how useful the
changes.  Only destroying changes accepted freely.