[collectd] Collectd Release Process Proposal

Ranganath, Sunku sunku.ranganath at intel.com
Thu Jul 18 00:10:34 CEST 2019

Hello Collectd'ers,

In order to bring together a structure and known cadence to Collectd releases, Matthias, Sebastian and I have been working together to bring forward to the community a release process proposal.

The idea is to share the burden of releasing, tagging and maintaining releases and establish few guidelines for community ownership.
We are looking for feedback and progress towards arriving at a common ground. Appreciate your help.

Please go through following proposal shared via Google docs link [1].

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ha9zPyKa_1pBar58LUPRf4EV2ap1sMcrOtRz3qauogo/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Sunku Ranganath