[collectd] Interest in another in person meeting or hackfest?

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Thu Dec 19 16:27:09 CET 2019

On 19/12/2019 00:24, Ranganath, Sunku wrote:
> Hi Matthias, Manoj,
>
> First off, thanks to Matthias for taking the mantle on this and making this happen.
> For the good of Collectd community, having a meetup to accommodate interested folks would be highly valuable.
>
> So instead of cancelling the event, we could look at following options:
> - It would really good to have Octo present, to that end we could possibly move to Munich (instead of Brussels) to make it easy for Octo's participation
> - Since this event is independent of FOSDEM, we could align on different date in February to accommodate more people
>
> Open to feedback and suggestions.
> Nice to see good activity in etherpad, looking forward to the meetup.

Hi,

yes, IMHO it is really crucial to enable octo to attend. If we can get
him (and hopefully others as well), then please let's move the event to
Munich (or anywhere else).

However, if we are going to have this before FOSDEM, we'd need to
announce it ASAP, in order to enable people to book travels. Same goes
for meeting rooms. They are not getting more accessible.

Matthias