[collectd] preparations for collectd-5.10

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Wed Aug 21 08:49:33 CEST 2019

Hi,

back in February, when we had our face to face meeting, we
agreed on getting back to three releases per year, one in April,
one in August, and one in December.

5.9 was a bit delayed, but I would like to get back to the cycle.

That means: I'm proposing 5.10 to be released in September, and I would
also like to see a code-freeze/feature freeze.

Detailed, that'd mean:

  - Sept 16: feature freeze/code freeze; only bug fixes allowed.
  - Sept 30: 5.10 release.

Meanwhile, I would also like to see a 5.9.2 release to fix the
issues[1].

Matthias

[1] https://github.com/collectd/collectd/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A5.9.2
--