[collectd] Version 5.9.1 available

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Thu Aug 1 13:34:15 CEST 2019

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:10:26AM +0200, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Am 24.07.2019 um 22:03 schrieb Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>:
> > Hi Dagobert, good catch! It is certainly not meant that way.
> > You probably noticed, the link points to github and not to collectd.org/...
> >
> > I tried to keep it as close as possible to what Florian did before for
> > each release. I *just* don't have access to his space.
> >
> > Anyways, I need to figure out how to configure the releases on github,
> > so that it would look the same as is was, when uploaded by Florian.
> >
> > The same issue exists with earlier releases hosted on the collectd
> > releases page on github.
>
> I see, Additionally I noticed one more issue: the tarball is not
> bootstrapped for autotools which would be a good idea for releases.

Sorry for the late reply here, I have been on vacation.

Yes, you are right. I missed that step as well. What has been released
on Gibhub was the tarball created by github, without running any scripts
beforehand.

I figured out, I can indeed attach arbitrary files to a "release" on
github. Next time, that should be a tarball extracting to a directory
named collectd-<version-number> and it should also contain the
bootstrapped files.

Meanwhile, there have been reports, that rrdtool is broken, and also
iptables has an issue.

For the next few days, I'd expect proposed fixes getting pulled in and
to see some more testing; ideally, we'll get a collectd-5.9.2 release very
soon.

Matthias
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>