[collectd] Write to one output plugin only when another fails?

Phil Endecott spam_from_collectd at chezphil.org
Mon Sep 24 18:11:05 CEST 2018

Dear Experts,

Is there a way to have collectd write to one output plugin
(e.g. to a local csv file) only when another output plugin
(e.g. a remote postgresql connection) fails?

I'd like to be able to log these occasional failed database
writes locally so that I can replay them into the database
when the reason for the failure has gone away.

Looking at the filter chain documentation, do the writer
targets behave differently depending on whether the write
succeeded or failed?

Regards, Phil.