[collectd] Interested in doing a workshop kind of contributor meetup?

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Thu Nov 8 18:00:50 CET 2018

Hi Sunku,

thanks for your feedback!

Let me give a quick update: so far, 15 people responded to the survey, so a
small to medium meeting room should suffice.

I'm unsure for how long we should meet, but my gut suggestion would have been
two days. What do others think?

The last week in January was the most popular one, but numerous people have
pointed out that FOSDEM is on February 2nd and 3rd (Sat/Sun) and suggested
to combine this. I'm sympathetic to moving the meeting to Brussles, but I think
it's too late to get a "devroom" at FOSDEM itself and I don't have any contacts
in Brussles (that I know of).

If you know of a company in Brussles that would be willing to host us, either
before or after the conference, it'd be great if you could get in contact :)
Likewise, if you work for a company that would be willing to sponsor a
conference room in a hotel for a day or two.

Last but not least: topics. I think it would be useful to collect some topics
up front so that people have a chance to sleep on them. My top-2 topics are:

* (How to) attract and retain new maintainers; enable existing maintainers to
  get more done (e.g. through https://collectd.org/2958).
* Agree on feature set of the new major version. My suggestion: move to
  label-based metric names, introduce "distribution" data type and remove
  "absolute" data type.

Best regards,
—octo

GnuPG: 0x0C705A15