[collectd] IO usage

Tasslehoff Burrfoot tasslehoff at burrfoot.it
Mon Dec 24 17:13:46 CET 2018

My suggestion is to check very carefully which plugins are really necessary
on the clients to reduce the amount of data, for example the plugin to
check storage devices will generate a lot of data if you use lvm (you'll
get physical devices + device mapping devices).
When you made some clean up you can drastically reduce the I/O load
using CacheTimeout and CacheFlush options of rrdtool plugin on the host
which receive all the data, this will make your collectd server to flush
rrd on the storage less frequently and reduce the load on the storage
devices.
I hope this will help.

Merry Christmas :)

Tasslehoff Burrfoot

---
*"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have
nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free
speech because you have nothing to say."*
---
Public PGP key block at
http://tasslehoff.burrfoot.it/url/pgp