[collectd] Thoughts about some new commands

Luis Fernández Álvarez luis.fdezalv at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 09:08:24 CET 2018

Hello,

A colleague of mine and I have proposed some new commands related with
making more visible the state of a metric via the unixsocket plugin.

They are not necessarily a final implementation but we would like to get
your input about the suitability of its logic for the core of collectd (and
proper design/implementation). I guess it is a good opportunity as well to
get some feedback and, if relevant, have a chat about it in the upcoming
meetup.

The PRs in question are the following:
* A liststate command: https://github.com/collectd/collectd/pull/2872
(initial discussion started and triggered an alternative implementation:
https://github.com/collectd/collectd/pull/2908
* flushstate and evalstate: https://github.com/collectd/collectd/pull/3024

Many thanks,
Luis