[collectd] Sending metadata over network

Yves Mettier ymettier at free.fr
Sat Oct 21 09:20:53 CEST 2017

Hello,

Many do not send to another collectd, but directly to a time-series
database. You can find a lot of documentation about
collectd-influxdb-graphana.
Note : do not use the network plugin of collectd to send your metrics to
the time-series database. There are other plugins to do it. write_tsdb
is one of them.

Note : I have not used Influxdb for more than 1 year now. Maybe things
have changed and the network plugin of Collectd can send meta-data ?

Regards,
Yves