[collectd] Sending metadata over network

Dhananjay Deshpande dhananjay.deshpande at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 00:41:55 CEST 2017

Hello,

I am writing a python plugin to read multiple metrics. Each value list has
number of key:value pairs to uniquely identify the value list. The python
collectd module allows me to add these as metadata.

However, looks like currently I cannot send the metadata from one host to
another using network module.

I can reuse the type, type-instance, plugin, plugin-instance to send the
metadata however want to know if there is any other solution the community
can suggest.

Thanks - Dhananjay