[collectd] collectd exits normally

shafath shakir shafathhusain at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 08:55:37 CEST 2017

Hi,

I am starting collectd as a service in my system.
After a long run, the process exits silently.
I am not able to find , what cause the exit

Collectd.log shows

[2017-04-08 10:17:21] Exiting normally.
[2017-04-08 10:17:21] collectd: Stopping 5 read threads.
[2017-04-08 10:17:21] collectd: Stopping 5 write threads.

How to find, what cause the process to stop ?
My service file is written with Restart=on-failure

But the process is not getting restart, Meaning for service its not a
process failure...

Can somebody help me on this ?

--
Best Regards
Shafath

Anyone can give up.
It's the easiest thing in the world to do.

But to hold it together,
when everything seems like falling apart;
That's true strength ;-)