[collectd] Output of tail plugin?

CJ Ess zxcvbn4038 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 06:16:00 CET 2016

To be more specific, I'm trying to find out what the tail plugin is sending
to the server - for instance, if I am providing data to a GaugeAverage type
metric, does the tail plugin submit a value for every line read from the
file? Or does the plugin aggregate the data by time first and send a value
every interval? I need to emulate that behavior. I know that wireshark can
decode the collectd binary protocol, if there is some way to make the tail
plugin use it then I can get an idea of what it is sending.