[collectd] Fwd: IPMI plugin discrete sensors support

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 18:47:06 CET 2016

Hi Volodymyr,

I had the same issue with discrete values. I wrote a plugin that follows
whether the radios on Sailfish phone or Linux device are switched on or
off. So, these are 0 or 1's at any time moment. The corresponding pull
request is at https://github.com/collectd/collectd/pull/1805 . It went
through the review and got stalled for a while on political decision on
whether such plugins are of interest or not. As you could see from PR
discussion, we were just short on making a decision.

I find this plugin quite useful for battery-powered devices to see whether
the battery drain is related to WIFI or some other radio switched on. In my
case, stats leading to a fraction also has a meaning. I guess similar
discrete value logging is needed by others as well.

cheers,

rinigus