[collectd] collectd inside a container monitoring the host

Maurizio Vitale mrz.vtl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:05:23 CEST 2016

Thanks, from what I see that doesn't make any attempt to reach the host.
You can get some data out of a container without doing anything special (in
the end /proc and /sys are a filtered version of what's on the host), but
not all info is precise this way.

I think it would be important for collectd to be able to run in a container
as I expect this use case to become more and more common, but of course
somebody has to do the work. For now I have plenty of other things before
bringing my organization to kubernetes, so it'll take time for me to get to
this.