[collectd] collectd 5.6 release schedule

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Thu Aug 18 21:53:28 CEST 2016

Florian Forster <octo at collectd.org> writes:

Hello,

> * August 15: 5.6 will enter a "feature freeze": we're going to create
>   the "collectd-5.6" branch based on master. From that point onwards,
>   only bug fixes will to into this branch.
> * after August 15: one or more "release candidates" will be available as
>   release tarballs.
> * September 11: 5.6.0 will be tagged and the final release tarballs will
>   be published.

Since the "collectd-5.6" branch has now materialized, the nightly builds
have been updated to also generate RPM and DEB packages from this
branch. So testing upcoming 5.6 version should be pretty easy for
CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu users (instructions at:
https://github.com/collectd/collectd-ci/blob/master/README.md)

Marc