[collectd] write_kafka and tags

Robert Cross bluebobx at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 17:05:15 CEST 2016

I've got collectd writing into Kafka with the write_kafka interface, but
I'd like to add some context information to the datastreams.

I've seen that the write_tsdb plugin allows user defined tags to be added,
which is pretty much what I need. Is there any work going into adding that
(useful) feature to the other write plugins, and especially the Kafka one?

I've taken a quick look myself, (dusting off the old K&R), but it looks
like being a fairly major rewrite to put tags into just that module.
Obviously I don't want to go hacking the code if someone better is already
doing it.

Thanks, Bob Cross.