[collectd] collectd

Giovanni Torres giovtorres at hotmail.com
Fri May 1 20:55:38 CEST 2015

________________________________
> To: giovtorres at hotmail.com
> CC: collectd at verplant.org
> From: smcracraft at me.com
> Subject: Re: [collectd] collectd
> Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 01:37:33 +0000
>
> Hi Giovanni,
>
> We use swapfiles.
>
> We are running on Ubuntu.
>
> I don't know how to turn on the collectd.log nor how to adjust loglevel
> to DEBUG.
>
> Can you advise?
>
> Very strangely, 3 of the 18 systems do report the information.
>
> All 18 have collectd running and /etc/collectd/plugins/swap.conf present.
>
> Only these items are being reported for the 15:
>
>    swap_io-in
>    swap_io-out
>
> but not
>
>    swap-free
>    swap-used
>    swap-cached
>
> like the three which report all five of the above swap plugin metrics.
>
> I am mystified. Please let me know how I can turn on debugging.

If you want to log to file, you could do something like this:

LoadPlugin logfile
<Plugin logfile>
    LogLevel debug
    File "/var/log/collectd.log"
    Timestamp true
    PrintSeverity false
</Plugin>

It is recommended that this plugin is loaded before all others (https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin:LogFile).

You will want to change LogLevel to 'info' when you are done testing or remove it completely from collectd.conf, as it will produce quite a bit of data.

-Giovanni