[collectd] [Microsoft] Issues with Developing a Java Writer Plugin for Microsoft's Product

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Tue Jun 9 18:45:45 CEST 2015

Hi Yoni,

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 11:21:51AM +0000, Yoni Shalom wrote:
> I encounter the same error over and over again, that the class
> provided in the LoadPlugin element (collectd.config) was not found on
> the agent startup.

can you copy and paste the exact error you're getting?

> Here's what I've done:
>
> 1.       Installed collectd using: sudo apt-get install collectd.
> 8.       Started collectd by executing: sudo /etc/init.d/collectd start

Which collectd binary are you executing? This one of the one you
built yourself?

> 6.       Executed sudo make all install  from the root directory and then again from bindings/java directory.

Executing "make" from the package root should be sufficient. Can you
find the .jar file in the prefix (default: /opt/collectd)? What's in the
.jar file (try something like: jar -t <path_to_jar>).

> 7.       Modified collectd.config:

Can you please paste your exact configuration?

Best regards,
—octo
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org