[collectd] Writing collectd plugins in Go (WiP)

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Thu Aug 20 11:54:29 CEST 2015

Hello everybody,

version 1.5 of the programming language "Go" was released yesterday. One
of the new features is a build mode allowing to compile Go programs into
shared libraries, which can be loaded and called by other (C) programs.

I started writing the required infrastructure to allow you to write
collectd plugins in the Go language. The (very experimental) code is
available from the "plugin" branch of my personal Github repository [0].
The main documentation is in godoc format, you can read it using:

  $ godoc collectd.org/plugin | less

Since this is very much experimental, I'd love to get feedback on this.

Best regards,
—octo

[0] <https://github.com/octo/go-collectd/tree/plugin/plugin>
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org