[collectd] Generic JMX plugin and JVM restart

Rahul Agarwal RAgarwal at livegamer.com
Tue Sep 23 18:13:22 CEST 2014

Hello,

I have the GenericJMX plugin installed and it works great (I got all the metrics working from contrib/GenericJMX.conf).

I am monitoring a Jboss server. The problem I have is that when my JBoss gets re-deployed (new builds via CI) the collectd collections stop working. I have to restart collectd for it to start working again. Some Exceptions in the logs are as below. Restarting collectd on every host with deploys would be a deal breaker.

Maybe there is some config that forces it to re-create a connection or something else I am missing?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

[2014-09-23 16:09:10] GenericJMXConfValue.query: getAttribute failed: javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: java.lang:type=MemoryPool,name=Code Cache is not registered.
[2014-09-23 16:09:10] GenericJMXConfValue.query: Querying attribute Usage failed.
[2014-09-23 16:09:10] GenericJMXConfValue.query: getAttribute failed: javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: java.lang:type=MemoryPool,name=CMS Perm Gen is not registered.