[collectd] Compile collectd with static libs

Vini vini at fugspbr.org
Tue Nov 4 15:19:40 CET 2014

Hi All,

I have been trying to compile collectd with static libraries so that I
can run it on any system without having to worry about missing libs.

However I have not succeeded in getting it to compile the way I need it,
the results are always the same, it links to shared libs and if I move
it to a system that doesn't contain a certain lib it fails at some point.

I have tried a number of things including passing flags directly to the
compiler. I have tried all the below:

--enable-static (doesn't seem to do anything)

The below passed as environment variables, with the -all-static I can't
even run configure.

LDFLAGS='-all-static'
LDFLAGS=' -fPIC -DPIC'

Can anyone share some insight on how to do this?

Just for the record, it compiles fine if don't try to use -all-static
but ldd always shows it is linked to a number of libs.

I am running version collectd-5.4.1.

Thanks
Vini