[collectd] Issue with Collectd plugin for Apache ssl

Tien Nguyen Manh tien.nguyenmanh at sematext.com
Wed May 28 04:50:36 CEST 2014

Hello,

I have issue config Collectd Apache plugin for Apache running on https with
status page
https://localhost/server-status

Here is my collectd config part for Apache plugin

LoadPlugin apache
<Plugin "apache">
  <Instance "default">
    URL "https://localhost/server-status?auto"
    #User "www-user"
    #Password "secret"
    VerifyPeer false
    VerifyHost false
    # CACert "/etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem"
    #Server "apache"
  </Instance>
</Plugin>

Collectd can't access Apache server-status page, there are no logs for
apache, while it still produce logs for CPU, mem, ...

I tested fetching status page with curl successfully by command

curl -k https://localhost/server-status
Total Accesses: 2
Total kBytes: 5
CPULoad: .00501855
Uptime: 4583
ReqPerSec: .000436395
BytesPerSec: 1.11717
BytesPerReq: 2560
BusyWorkers: 2

What is wrong with my collectd config?
is -k option in curl equivalent to VerifyPeer false in collectd-apach
config?

Thanks,
Tien