[collectd] Getting rrd: illegal attempt to update using time local plugins only.

Alessandro Forghieri alessandro.forghieri at gmail.com
Tue May 27 11:05:28 CEST 2014

Greetings.

Running collectd-5.4.1 on centos 6. The box is acting as a server and
monitoring > 100 nodes through the network plugin and the snmp plugin,
with the expected results.
However I have so far been incapable to collect local statistics,
because, the config file appended, to this message, *all* the local
plugin fail to write to the rrd plugin with the infamous

rrd_update_r
(/var/lib/collectd/rrd/monitor.nouvelle.it/swap/swap-cached.rrd) failed:
/var/lib/collectd
/rrd/monitor.xxxx.it/swap/swap-cached.rrd: illegal attempt to update
using time 1401177584 when last update time is 1401177584 (minimum one
second
step)

No - or minimal - graphs are being generated for these plugins.

Note that, for the same node I can collect stats through snmp just fine.
Turning the csv plugin on I see outputs like these:

(cpu-interrupts)
1401179536.441,nan
1401179536.468,0.000000
1401179546.441,0.000000
1401179556.441,0.000000
1401179566.441,0.000000
1401179576.441,0.000000

(memory-buffered)
1401179536.441,91090944.000000
1401179536.469,91090944.000000
1401179546.442,91111424.000000
1401179556.442,91127808.000000
1401179566.442,91148288.000000
1401179576.442,91164672.000000

I checked N times for duplicate configs, etc. There are none.
Ideas?

Advanced thanks,
Alessandro Forghieri

---Collectd.conf---
Hostname    "monitor.xxxxx.it"
TypesDB     "/usr/share/collectd/types.db"
TypesDB     "/usr/share/collectd/oriontypes.db"
AutoLoadPlugin true
Timeout      4
ReadThreads  5
WriteThreads 5