[collectd] varnish plugin, not found

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Fri May 23 20:55:19 CEST 2014

Excerpts from L Cruzero's message of 2014-05-23 15:38:06 +0200:
> Hi, i've been using collectd for a few months to gather based system stats,
> recently i've tried unsuccessfully to use the varnish plugin.
>
> on start:
>
> stdout:
>
> "Starting collectd: Could not find plugin varnish"
> [...]
> collectd-5.1.0-1.el6.rft.x86_64
>

> varnish-release-3.0-1.el6.noarch

As neither of these packages are part of rhel6, I guess you have enabled
additional repositories from where you installed them. It's important
that you install the same libvarnishapi version that was used to build
the collectd plugin (it will typically be found in the same repo).

If you don't find the exact match of varnish + collectd versions you
wish in a repository out there, you'll have to build collectd yourself.
There's a rpm specfile for el5 & el6 in contrib/redhat/, in collectd's
source tree.

Marc