[collectd] collectd question

Yves Mettier ymettier at free.fr
Tue May 6 09:10:21 CEST 2014

OK, I understand.
When I have this problem, I use tcpdump.
It will not tell you if the primary collectd server collects the data (I
know no other way than collectdctl or "nc -U" on the unix socket, which
is the same), but at least you will see if your client is sending data
and if your server is receiving it.

When tcpdump says that your server is receiving the data, you really
have to go inside the collectd process to check and the 2 ways I know
are 1/ collectdctl and "nc -U" and 2/ hacking tools like strace or
systemd. Of course I only use "nc -U".

Good luck !

Regards,
Yves