[collectd] Workaround for crosscompiling java plugin..

Vedran Bartonicek vbartoni at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 20:15:38 CET 2014

Hello,
I see someone is sharing the same pain I have ;-)

I'm having a bit different situation, and was thinking to solve either by
meddling with setting rpath at build time, or with LD_LIBRARY_PATH at run
time.
In my case, I have a build machine with jdk (openjdk) installed, but the
target machines may have just jre installed, so I can't use symbolic links
for specifying "--with-java" path when building collectd (which would be
then written into rpath) -  I have to use a hardcoded path that includes
java major and minor versions.
And when java upgrades on target machines, kaboooooom
I yet have to invest time to think on how to solve this in proper way.

Well this post is not very useful got Daniel, except for getting more
attention - perhaps someone has solved similar problem before.